注册 登录  
 加关注
   显示下一条  |  关闭
温馨提示!由于新浪微博认证机制调整,您的新浪微博帐号绑定已过期,请重新绑定!立即重新绑定新浪微博》  |  关闭

娟紫的博客

一万年太久,只争朝夕。。。。

 
 
 

日志

 
 
关于我

痴迷音乐,电影,只会欣赏,喜欢诗词,难写佳篇杰作,爱好书法,写的一般,钟爱围棋,只会玩玩,热爱英语,走不出国门。就这样的一个人。。。。

网易考拉推荐

经典俚语(2 )  

2011-07-06 20:38:02|  分类: 英语口语 |  标签: |举报 |字号 订阅

  下载LOFTER 我的照片书  |

(二十一)

1.At heart,he‘s very nice.

    实际上,他是个善良的人。

    2.Once or twice a month we live it up.

    我们一个月有一两次过享乐的生活。

    3.We‘d better hit the road or we‘ll be late.

    我们最好早点上路吧,不然要迟到了。

    4.I can‘t go out.I have to hit the book.

    我不能出去,我还要预习功课。

    5.I hear this book sells like hot cakes.

    我听说现在这书很畅销。

    6.It was touch and go for a while.

    有段时间形势相当危急。

    7.I‘m not a spring chicken any more.

    我不再是没经验的人。

    8.Don‘t take it to heart.

    别往心里去。

    9.He who seizes the right moment is the right man.

    谁把握机遇就能心想事成。

    10.So that explains it.

    原来如此。

(二十二)

    1.I‘m all fingers and thumbs this mornings.

    今天早上我的手怎么这么笨呢?

    2.He gave me a black look.

    他恶狠狠地看了我一眼。

    3.They treated us white.

    他们公平地对待我们。

    4.I‘m a chair zucchini.

    我是个电脑迷。

    5.John took out a loan to pay his tuition.

    约翰贷款交付学费。

    6.All set?

    一切妥当?

    7.Fresh!

    好有型.

    8.Encore!

    再来一次。

    9.Gorgeous!

    美极了。

    10.Farewell!

    再见啦。

(二十三)

    1.Never cackle till your egg is laid.

    事未完成莫夸耀。

    2.The good seaman is known in bad weather.

    惊涛骇浪,方显英雄本色。

    3.She is coming on to you.

    她对你有意思。

    4.He will give me cradle-to-grave protection.

    他将保护我一生一世。

    5.She is as mild as a dove.

    她很温和。

    6.Some things rub them the wrong way.

    他们被惹怒了。

    7.He has never rested on his laurels.

    他从不满足目前的成就。

    8.The news came as a bombshell.

    这个消息犹如晴天霹雳。

    9.These are more than old wives? tales.

    这些可不是无稽之谈。

    10.That’ll save your skin.

    那可帮你度过难关。

(二十四)

    1.They’re a barrel of laughs.

    他们很搞笑。

    2.This movie was just a hype.

    这部电影完全是在炒作。

    3.He is really on the ball.

    他真的思路很敏捷。

    4.They help make it less of a dog?s life.

    他们帮忙改善生活。

    5.We look forward to the dawn of better days.

    我们期待好日子的来临。

    6.You young devil’s spawn!

    你这小鬼!

    7.So far so good.

    目前为止,一切都好。

    8.Let’s forgive and forget.

    尽弃前嫌。

    9.Over my dead body!

    休想!

    10.I just keep my head above water.

    (生活)还凑合!

(二十五)

    1.Early rising makes for good health.

    早起有助于身体健康。

    2.It rained at intervals this month.

    这个月不时地下雨。

    3.You owe me one.

    你欠我一个人情。

    4.That’s always the case.

    习以为常了。

    5.You’d better wise up.

    放聪明点。

    6.It slipped my mind.

    我忘了。

    7.Don’t sell yourself short.

    别看轻自己。

    8.Don’t give me a hard time!

    别跟我过不去好不好!

    9.I’ll put everything in black and white!

    我会把所有事情白纸黑字写清楚。

    10.I?m mad about Bruce Lee.

    我迷死李小龙了。

(二十六)

    1.Let?s find a happy medium.

    我们还是找一个折衷的办法。

    2.Tom always gets cold feet.

    汤姆总是裹足不前。

    3.You?re laying it on thick.

    你过奖了。

    4.You?ve jumped on the bandwagon.

    随大流。

    5.I think you’ve put your finger on it.

    你说到点子上了。

    6.Great minds think alike.

    英雄所见略同。

    7.You should give him a piece of your mind.

    你该向他表达你的不满。

    8.I am up to my ears in work.

    我忙的不可开交。

    9.I am an exam jitter.

    我一考试就紧张。

    10.I fast a day every week.

    我每周绝食一天。

(二十七)

    1.Could you fill in for him?

    你能代替他吗?

    2.It?s on me this time.

    这次我请客。

    3.Clothes make the man.

    人要衣装。

    4.I?m not good at speaking off the cuff.

    我不擅长即兴演讲。

    5.I?ll buy it.

    我赞成。

    6.I share your enthusiasm.

    谢谢关心(不耐烦的)。

    7.You can eat and drink your fill.

    你可以尽情的吃,尽情的喝。

    8.He may show up soon.

    他马上就回来。

    9.You set me up!

    你出卖我!

    10.My mouth is watering.

    我流口水了。

二十八)

    1.Don?t play the goat.

    不要胡闹。

    2.They’re a barrel of laughs.

    他们很搞笑。

    3.Every bad has some good.

    坏事情也有好的一面。

    4.He got savoir faire.

    言行得体。

    5.I blinded with science.

    无言以对。

    6.What’s gotten into you?

    你怎么了?

    7.She Jumped down my throat.

    她生气地批评我。

    8.I think I get the drift.

    我知道了。

    9.Please bend the rules at times.

    请网开一面。

    10.Variety is charming.

    丰富多彩就是美。

(二十九)

    1.Let‘s put a roof over one’s head.

    咱们找个地方安顿吧。

    2.I get the drift.

    我明白。

    3.I really need to blow off some steam!

    我得舒缓一下压力。

    4.I am always punctual.

    我总是很准时。

    5.It is up in the air.

    悬而未决。

    6.Let’s forgive and forget.

    让我们尽弃前嫌。

    7.If I were in your shoes,I wouldn‘t do it that way.

    如果我是你的话,我不会那样做的。

    8.What a good deal!

    真便宜!

    9.This is in way over my head.

    对我而言这实在太难了。

    10.His argument doesn?t hold water.

    他的论点站不住脚。

(三十)

    1.You were cheating me from the word go.

    从头到尾你都在骗我。

    2.Spill one’s guts!

    说出实情。

    3.Two of a trade never agree.

    同行是冤家。

    4.What snacks do you like best?

    你最喜欢什么零食?

    5.I like raisins and kebabs.

    葡萄干和肉串。 :)

    6.The mad cat took a piss here and there.

    这只疯猫到处小便。

    7.For the old time sake,please give me a hand this time.

    看在旧日关系的面子上,请帮我这一回。

    8.A close call!

    太危险了。

    9.It is righteous!

    真是酷毙了。

    10.It‘s only wishful thinking.

    这只是一厢情愿的想法。

    (三十一)

    1.No fear!

    不会的!or肯定没有这种可能性!

    2.She has two left feet.

    她总是笨手笨脚的。

    3.She is a knock out.

    她美得让人倾倒。

    4.It slipped my mind.

    我忘了。

    5.I have a sweet tooth.

    我喜欢吃甜食。

    6.Try to have a mind of your own.

    做有主见的人。

    7.You’ve got a point there.

    你说得挺有道理的。

    8.When do you hope to start a family?

    你希望什么时候生第一个孩子呢?

    (是不是误以为问什么时候成家呢:)

9.I can‘t see you quickly enough.

    我巴不得尽快见你。

    10.You don‘t say so!

    竟有这样的事!or我没听错吧!

    11.No,I won;t lend you the money,you‘ve had it!

    不, 我不会把钱借给你的, 你别指望了!

    12.Looking out upon the sea of faces,Mr.A delivered a touching speech.

    望着一片人山人海的听众,A先生发表一篇动人的演说。

    13.They slip out one by one and I was left holding the baby.

    他们一个个都跑掉了,剩下我来抱孩子。

    14.Mr.Nixon said,"we tow countries have common interests over and above our differences."

    尼克松先生说:“我们两国出了有分歧,也有共同利益。”

    (注:over and above 没有在……之上的意思,它相当于besides.)

    15.You‘d better take yourfingers out.

    你最好现在就动手。(not 别插手~)

   16.To my joy,my son knows a thing or two about Italian.

    使我高兴的是,我儿子对意大利语还很精通哩。

    17.His speech was given a warm reception by the crowd.

    他的讲话受到了群众的热烈反对~。

    18.That cat jumps.

    形势清楚了。

    19.A series of volcanic eruptions developed along the fault.

    一系列的火山爆发正在断层带酝酿。

    20.I‘m afraid I can‘t let you.

    恐怕我不能答应你。

(三十二)

    1.How could he be so two-faced?

    他怎么能这么阴一套阳一套的?

    2.That politician cries wolf in every speech he makes.

    那个政治家在他的每篇演说中都在撒谎。

    3.You can‘t beat me.

    (表示自己了不起。)

    4.There are a lot of ups and downs in one‘s life.

    生活中充满了太多盛衰的沉浮。

    5.I knew from the word go what to do next.

    我很快知道了下一步怎么做。

    6.I didn‘t mean to pour cold water on your idea.

    我本不想给你的想法浇冷水的。

    7.It‘s a deal!

    真便宜。

    8.The boss spent money like water.

    那老板花钱大手大脚的。

    9.He hit upon a plan to defeat his antagonist.

    他突然想出了一个挫败他的对手的计划。

    10.I broke my neck to add slangs here.

    我努力地往这里添加俚语:)

(三十三)

    1.It‘s not that he doesn‘t like to help,but that the spirit is willing,but the flesh is weak.

    他不是不愿意帮助你,而是他心有余而力不足。

    2.With things as such,we‘ll have to let things aside.

    事到如今,我们也只好听其自然了。

    3.Jack,with a body well‘proportioned,about the middling,a pair of intense big eyes,has become the target of many pretty girls.

    杰克体形匀称,个头儿适中,一双大眼睛炯炯有神,成了许多女孩子追求的目标。

    4.Talking about the size of population,India is next only to China.

    从人口数量方面讲,印度仅次于中国。

    5.Li ming is the black sheep of his family.

    李明是个败家子。

    6.He sat with his arms across the chest.

    他坐在那里,双臂交叉于胸前。

    7.He has a lot on the ball.

    他很能干。

    8.She doesn‘t know beans about the insurance business at all.

    她对保险业务一窍不通。

    9.The girl was brave enough,but being outnumbered,she was finally knocked into the middle of next week by the gang.

    她很勇敢,但终因寡不敌众,被那帮人搭晕过去。

    10.Mary has a real hang-up about cats and doesn‘t like to be in the same room with them.

    玛丽对猫有一种摆脱不掉的厌烦,因此不愿意和猫同一个房间。

    (三十四)

    1.You‘re laying it on thick.

    你过奖了。

    2.I‘ll try to smooth things over.

    我会妥善处理。

    3.It is a hard nut to crack.

    这是一件棘手的事情。

    4.This is in way over my head.

    对我而言这实在太难了。

    5.My mouth is watering.

    我流口水了。

    6.Clothes make the man.

    人要衣装。

    7.His argument doesn‘t hold water.

    他的论点站不住脚。

    8.Don‘t trust to chance.

    别碰运气。

    9.You can eat and drink your fill.

    你可以尽情地吃喝。

    10.I‘ll see to it.

    我会留意的。

(三十五)

    1.Not that I know of.

    没这回事。

    2.Where are you headed?

    你要去哪里?

    3.I wasn‘t born yesterday.

    我又不是三岁小孩子。

    4.He just stepped out.

    他刚刚出去。

    5.I tossed and turned all night.

    我整晚翻来覆去。

    6.I‘m broke.

    我没什么钱。

    7.How do I address you?

    我怎么称呼你?

    8.Would you care for a cup of coffee?

    你要不要来杯咖啡?

    9.Lunch is on me.

    午饭我请客。

    10.I‘m on my way.

    我就上路。

    (三十六)

    1.That‘s a rip-off.

    那是敲诈。

    2.I can‘t think of it off hand.

    我一时想不起来。

    3.She turns me off.

    她使我厌恶。

    4.Here or to go?

    要在这里吃还是带走?

    5.I‘m through with you.

    我和你完了。

    6.He‘s gone for the day.

    他今天已经走了。

    7.I have to get rid of my car.

    我必须把我的车子脱手。

    8.Will you give me credit for the call?

    请把这个电话销帐好吗?

    9.What‘s on your mind?

    你在想什么?

    10.I‘m just browsing.

    我只是随便看看

(三十七)

    1.Same here.

    我也一样。

    2.I slipped my mind.

    我忘了。

    3.By my guest.

    请便。

    4.I don‘t have the vaguest idea.

    我一点也不知道。

    5.Let‘s call it a day.

    我们今天到此为止。

    6.First come,first served.

    捷足先登。

    7.I‘m being helped.

    有人招呼我。

    8.Something‘s come up.

    有事。

    9.That was a close call.

    那真是千钧一发。

    10.It‘s a pain in the neck.

    那真是难过的事。

    (三十八)

    1.Can you give me a raincheck on that?

    你可以改天再请我吗?

    2.Chances are slim.

    机会很小。

    3.What do you recommend?

    你推荐什么?

    4.Give me some feedback.

    给我些建议吧。

    5.Not on your life!

    绝不。

    6.I‘d like a refund.

    我想退钱。

    7.Suit yourself.

    随你便。

    8.I can‘t pinpoint it.

    我没办法明确地指出来。

    9.Do you have any openings?

    你们有空缺吗?

    10.Far from it.

    一点也不。

(三十九)

    1.I have to brush up on my English.

    我得温习英文。

    2.It‘s better than nothing.

    总比什么都没有好。

    3.Drop me off at the Hilton.

    载我到希尔顿。

    4.Think nothing of it.

    别挂记它。

    5.I‘m not myself today.

    我今天心神不定。

    6.Give me a ball park figure.

    给我一个大概的数字。

    7.May I ask you a question point-blank?

    我可以坦白问你一个问题吗?

    8.I hope you saved room for dessert.

    我希望你留了点肚子吃甜点。

    9.The kitchen sink is clogged up.

    厨房的水槽阻塞了。

    10.He‘s tied up.

    他走不开。

    (四十)

    1.Does it ring a bell?

    它熟吗?

    2.Are you going to Paris for good?

    你们要去巴黎永久居住吗?

    3.For the time being.

    暂时的。

    4.I‘d like to have telephone service.

    我想要装电话。

    5.Could you speak up,please?

    能不能请你说话大声点?

    6.I enjoyed your company.

    我喜欢有你作伴。

    7.God bless you!

    愿老天保佑你。

    8.We have three holidays in a row.

    我们连放三天假。

    9.After you ,please!

    你先走,请。

    10.Don‘t beat around the bush.

    别拐弯抹角。

(四十一)

    1.Push five,please.

    请按五楼。

    2.Math is beyond me.

    我对数学无能为力。

    3.I have to watch my weight.

    我必须注意我的体重。

    4.Where was I?

    我讲到哪儿了?

    5.I‘m working on it.

    我正在努力。

    6.I can‘t come up with it.

    我做不到。

    7.I‘ll keep my eye open.

    我会多留意。

    8.Could you page Mr.Stone,please?

    请广播找石头先生好吗?

    9.It isn‘t much.

    那是微不足道的。

    10.I‘m feeling under the weather.

    我觉得不舒服。

    (四十二)

    1.Don‘t get me wrong.

    别误会我。

    2.How late are you open?

    你们营业到几点?

    3.A fifty-fifty chance.

    五成的机会。

    4.She stood me up.

    她让我白等了。

    5.What‘s this regarding?

    请问这是关于哪一方面?

    6.May I see your boarding pass,please?

    我可以看看你的登机证吗?

    7.You have to pay in advance.

    你必须预先负钱。

    8.Stick around.

    在附近逗留。

    9.I like the soaps.

    我喜欢连续剧。

    10.I‘m an average player.

    我打得普通。

    (四十三)

    1.It‘ll come to me.

    我会想起来的。

    2.You name it.

    你说出来。

    3.I‘ll play it by ear.

    随兴之所致吧。

    4.You should take advantage of it.

    你应该好好利用这个机会。

    5.Let‘s talk over coffee.

    我们边和咖啡边聊。

    6.Your guess is as good as mine.

    你猜的和我一样。

    7.I‘m easy to please.

    我很容易取悦。

    8.Would you like a refill?

    你要不要再加满?

    9.As far as I‘m concerned.

    就我而言。

    10.He‘s behind the times.

    他落伍了。

1.Do you take cream in your coffee?

    你咖啡要加奶水吗?

    2.I‘m pressed for time.

    我的时间紧迫。

    3.You took the words right out of my mouth.

    你说的和我要说的一样。

    4.I‘m up to my ears in work.

    我的工作繁重。

    5.Where can I have this gift wrapped?

    我到哪儿去包装这礼物?

    6.I‘d like to have this prescription filled.

    我要照这药房配药。

    7.Just to be on the safe side.

    为了安全起见。

    8.Do you have a single room available?

    你们有空的单人房吗?

    9.How often do you work out?

    你多久做一次运动?

    10.I hope I didn‘t offend you.

    希望我没使你生气。

    (四十五)

    1.She‘s a chocoholic.

    她是个嗜食巧克力的人。

    2.To give him a pep talk!

    给他打打气儿。

    3.Saturn has several moons.

    土星有好几个卫星环绕它运转。

    4.A bargain is a bargain.

    达成的协议不可撕毁。

    5.Oh you‘re so slim!

    你真是太苗条了。

    6.He‘s getting a little bit plump.

    他有一点胖~。

    7.Her parents spent great efforts to groom her for a violinist.

    她的父母花了很大精力来培养她成为一名小提琴演奏家。

    8.He hooted with laughter.

    他大笑了起来。

    9.She kept a straight face.

    她忍住没有笑。

    10.This guy he was in my face.

    他想从我这得到点什么。

  评论这张
 
阅读(219)| 评论(0)
推荐 转载

历史上的今天

在LOFTER的更多文章

评论

<#--最新日志,群博日志--> <#--推荐日志--> <#--引用记录--> <#--博主推荐--> <#--随机阅读--> <#--首页推荐--> <#--历史上的今天--> <#--被推荐日志--> <#--上一篇,下一篇--> <#-- 热度 --> <#-- 网易新闻广告 --> <#--右边模块结构--> <#--评论模块结构--> <#--引用模块结构--> <#--博主发起的投票-->
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

页脚

网易公司版权所有 ©1997-2017